Antoine Henrywho has worked with Ubisoft for 15 years and whose last role was as a game director attached Skull and bones, has left the company. Henry has announced on LinkedIn that he has left Ubisoft and is preparing for “new and exciting adventures.”
Skull & Bones has been under development for many years, and has undergone some changes. In 2020, Ubisoft confirmed that it was changing the game to a “new vision” after a report confirmed that the project had been reinvented. In May 2021, Ubisoft formally pushed Skull & Bones back into the fiscal year 2022-2023, which runs from April 1, 2022 to March 31, 2023.
Skull & Bones is making good progress, Ubisoft’s CEO said at a news conference, adding that they have confidence in the creative direction of the title. Additional development time will allow the study to have the necessary time to get its vision clear, the director said.
“Many of you have asked us why we wanted to announce our launch. The answer is that we simply need more time,” said creative director Elisabeth Pellen earlier about the previous post. “We dreamed of something bigger for Skull & Bones , and these ambitions naturally came with several challenges. “
Finally, there’s also a Skull & Bones TV series on the way, and according to Ubisoft, it looks in various ways that the new end of the game will not affect the TV series.