Riot wants League of Legends ‘behaviour systems’ to be bigger

Riot Games has assured that “behaviour systems are more important” in League of Legends and that it is “changing course” when it comes to managing bad player behavior, which “directly impacts the experience”.

“A lot of people are realizing how little progress we’ve made in behavioral systems in recent years,” Explain the new leader of the behavioral systems team, Hana Dinh. “We will always comment on the importance of this subject, and you have every reason.”

According to Dinh, “For the past few years, we’ve focused primarily on ‘minor’ updates to our detection and penalty systems to improve your experience, and we know that’s not too effective. The data doesn’t show us Only 5% of players behave in a consistently unsatisfactory way. Arguably, these are the players that need to be penalized, and we will never stop improving our systems to keep up. However, the remaining 95% of Regular gamers are made up of people who get confused over time, and 86% of the news is about them. In other words, almost all the news is centered around players who normally behave well.”

Another problem area has been champion selection information. Riot acknowledges that “although we have monitored the reports, we have not added penalties for them as promised. Currently, this type of information alone represents 3.2% of the total, but we are aware of your experience in all phases of the game. is important”. The intention is that this will be completed soon and its implementation will not be delayed in an update.

Regarding verbal abuse issues, Dinh added that his team is planning “several exciting projects, such as updating our verbal abuse detection models to more advanced versions. “multiple times. Verbal abuse is not directly reflected in stats like A/M/A, it’s a pervasive problem that comes with other types of inappropriate behavior.”

Following all the planned improvements, the Behavioral Systems Team Lead also clarified that the player also has a responsibility and needs to be aware of how they behave in the game. “When you get frustrated, only you can avoid behaving inappropriately. 95% of us can handle these systems have convinced us to be the type of player we’d love to play, including in the classroom. It’s not always a simple outcome , but neither the most perfect system in the world can prevent it from producing unhealthy behaviors. The important thing is not to create systems that modify human behavior, but the humans who play, that is to tell you”




Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *