Many of the progression techniques in the latest FromSoftware role-playing game will be familiar to those who have played Souls games. This includes the way weapons and equipment are updated, which is through the use of items found or purchased through his adventures in The Lands Between. Here it is how to get Somber Smithing Stones and why they are used in the Elden Ring.
Why the stones from Smober in Elden Ring are used
Like the stones from Herrería, the stones from Herrería Sombrías are one of the best materials in the Fire Ring. Without restrictions, instead of improving standard weapons, they are used to improve special weapons. They’re a little rarer than the standard stones, and you can’t just cut them down by cultivating enemy locations, as is the case with the Smithing Stones.
Like the Smithing Stones, the Somber variety comes in 10 different levels, each time promoting the special weapons to higher levels. You will need the stone that corresponds to the level of your weapon. For example, Smober Smithing Stone (3) enhances your special armor to +3.
How to get dark herrera stones
The Stones of Shady Herrery are all The Lands Between. No wonder there are also different levels of stone in different places. To continue our example above, Somber Smithing Stone (3) can be found in several places, such as:
- There is already a tear gas canister found in the forests of Liurnia of the Lakes.
- Found in a corpse lying on a chair next to the mouth north of Liurnia.
- One was found in a corpse sitting on a chair and overlooking the slums north of Los Cuatro Campanarios.
Without a doubt, if you are looking for a level 4 stone, you will have to search elsewhere, and so on.
In general, the easiest way to acquire any level of Shady Herrería Stone is to purchase one of the game’s two dealers:
- The blacksmith Iji, found on the way to Caria Manor.
- Twin Master Husks by Roundtable Hold.
Without limitation, keep in mind that in the case of higher level stones, you will need to find and deliver to these merchants Shadow stone miners’ watch boxes at the corresponding levels to unlock the item for purchase. Once again, these elements are found in The Lands Between; for example, Somberstone Miner’s Bell Bearing (3) is found in a corpse outside the first church in Marika on top of the Giants’ Mountain.
It should give you everything you need to know about how to get Somber Smithing Stones and why they are used in the Elden Ring. Be sure to search on dlprivateserver or see our wiki guide for more tips, tricks and information about the game.
If you have a specific question that you can not find an answer to any part of the site, do not hesitate to communicate in the comments section further and we will do our best to help.
- Elden Ring’s youngest bosses are a big cheer for the new players
- The developers of Elden Ring describe the improvements that come with future updates
- The Fire Ring can be played on a Steam Deck
- Elden Ring has an extended video guide for beginners to help them get started
- 5 things to do first in the Fire Ring (and 1 to avoid)
look for more