Inscryption won the Seumas McNally Grand Prize at the Independent Games Festival Awards and Game of the Year at the Game Developers Choice Awards, all of which will be on display at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.
This is the first time in history that the title itself has received Game of the Year in both awards. For Inscryption, moreover, things never stopped: it also received awards for Excellence in Design, Excellence in Audio, and Excellence in Storytelling at the Indie Games Festival.
As for the Game Developers Choice Awards, Ratchet & Clank: A Dimension In addition to Best Visual Art and Best Technology awards, It Takes Two with Best Design, and Valheim with Best Debut award and Chosen by the audience.
We let you continue the list with the winners of all categories of the two prizes.
2022 Game Developers Choice Awards
- Best Debut: Valheim’s Iron Gate Studio
- Best Visual Arts: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Best Sound: Unboxing
- Best Story: Psychonauts 2
- Social Impact Award: Boyfriend Dungeon
- Innovation Award: Unboxing
- Best Technology: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Best Design: It Takes Two
- People’s Choice Award: Valheim
- Game of the Year: Inscryption
- Ambassador Award: Steven Spohn
- Trayectoria Award: Yuji Horii
2022 Indie Games Festival Awards
- Best Student Game: Live Adventure
- Design Excellence: Inscryption
- Excellence in visual arts: Papetura
- Audio Excellence: Registration
- New Prize: Memory Card
- Narrative Excellence: Encryption
- Audience Award: Mini Highways
- Grand Prix Seumas McNally: Registration