Call of Duty: WWII was the most popular console game of the year in 2017 around the world
Activision Blizzard has published its income statement corresponding to the year 2017, which shows that the company has exceeded its own estimates. “It has been a record quarter to culminate in a record year for Activision Blizzard,” said Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard. “In 2017, our community got new hits for engagement, our business generated record revenue and efficient streams, and we made significant progress in creating growth opportunities in the future, such as the Overwatch League.
If we give them a quick review of the numbers, we will see that the company has won one increase in net sales by 6.19% compared to 2016, DKK 409 million is expected. more. In total, Activision Blizzard generated some net revenue from $ 7.017 million for 2017 in front of the 6,608 million. in 2016.
For the 4th quarter, the most notable are:
- Activision Blizzard had 385 million monthly active users (MAU) C in the quarter, up from 384 million last quarter.
- King had 290 million MAUsCs, 1% less than in the previous quarter, while overtime per. player reached record highs 37 minutes a day. MAUs C for the Candy CrushTM franchise grew slowly quarter after quarter, while also increasing overtime per. player.
- Activision had 55 million MAUsCs in the quarter, 12% more than in the previous quarter and declining along with its previous quarterly record, driven by the launch of Call of Duty WWII and Destiny 2.
- During the year, Activision had the best console game releases in North America and two of the first five console game releases in the world.
- Call of Duty WWII was this year’s most popular console game in the world. The game marked a catfish on the Sony PlayStation as the biggest digital launch in history on Day 1. Call of Duty has been the number one franchise globally for 8 of the last 9 years.
- For the second quarter in a row, players will spend more than 50 minutes a day playing Activision, Blizzard and King games online with some of the world’s most attractive connected platforms.
- The Overwatch League attracts more than 10 million unique viewers worldwide with an average audience of over 280,000.
- The Call of Duty World League in Dallas had more than twice as many spectators as last year.
Finally, another interesting piece of information is that; “Blizzard has been generating revenue in the sales record segment and operating revenue for a year without major game launches, having continued to deliver content continuously through franchises such as Overwatch, Hearthstone and World of Warcraft.” What results is that thanks to micro-payments managed to raise a record amount of $ 4,000 million, but did not launch new important games. This amount is more than the average of the $ 7,017 million that the company recorded throughout 2017.
What are the major benefits of Activision Blizzard earnings?
«Activision Blizzard delivered an annual record of over $ 4 billion in in-game net bookings»
In other words, Activision saw $ 4 billion in net bookings from COD Map Packs, Overwatch loot boxes, mobile IAP etc …
– Daniel Ahmad (@ZhugeEX) February 8, 2018
If you are curious to see the full information, it is available here.