The DICE Awards organization has announced the winners of the 2022 edition of the prestigious awards.
The most coded of them, Game of the Year, was for It Takes Two, the cooperative adventure developed by Hazelight Studios and published by Electronic Arts, which also won the prize for best game design.
The other big winner of this edition is Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart: A Apart Dimension. The Insomniac Games platformer won awards for Best Family Game of the Year, Animation Catfish, Art Direction Catfish, and Technical Catfish.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy surprised with Best Story and Best Adventure of the Year awards. Microsoft also had strong results, with Best Action Game and Best Online awards for Halo Infinite, Best Racing Game award for Forza Horizon 5, and Best Strategy Game award for Age of Empires. IV.
Finally, Phil Spencer, general manager of Xbox, received the Lifetime Achievement Award for his trajectory and his contribution to the video game industry.
2022 DICE Awards Winners
- Game of the Year: It takes two
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction: Loop of Death
- Life Achievement Award: Phil Spencer
- Outstanding Directing for an Indie Game: Unpacking
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Design: It takes two
- Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year: Age of Empires IV
- RPG Game of the Year: Endwalker from Final Fantasy XIV
- Racing Game of the Year: Forza Horizon 5
- Family Game of the Year: Ratchet & Clank : Rift Apart
- Outstanding Achievement in History: Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
- Outstanding Achievement in Character: Lady Dimitrescu from Resident Evil Village
- Online Game of the Year: Hello Infinite
- Immersive Reality Game of the Year: Echo Solitaire II
- Outstanding Achievement in Animation: Ratchet & Clank : Rift Apart
- Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction: Ratchet & Clank : Rift Apart
- Category Fighting Game of the Year: Guilty Equipment Effort
- Sports Game of the Year: Mario Golf Super Rush
- Mobile Game of the Year: Pokémon Union
- 25th Hall of Fame Award:Ed Boon
- Outstanding Achievement in Audio Design: Return
- Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition: Return
- Outstanding Technical Achievement: Ratchet & Clank : Rift Apart
- Immersive Reality Technical Achievement: Echo Solitaire II
- Adventure Game of the Year: Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
- Action Game of the Year: Hello Infinite